Here at Pinecrest Dental, we believe that preventing dental problems is better than trying to repair damaged teeth or gums. To help you maintain a beautiful, healthy smile throughout your life, Dr. Tyler Williams and our team provide routine dental checkups and other preventive services. We welcome you to contact our office at (801) 503.0035 to learn just how we can care for your smile, and to schedule your appointment for preventive dentistry in Taylorsville, Utah, with our dentist.
The goal of routine dental checkups and other preventive services is to help protect your teeth, gums, and jaw from becoming damaged by gum (periodontal) disease, tooth decay, and other conditions. By preventing these issues before they cause damage to your smile, you can avoid dental pain or more expensive treatment in the future.
Perhaps the most commonly known and one of the most important preventive services is a regular dental checkup. Our dentist recommends that you visit our practice about every six months for a routine checkup. This visit will include a thorough and gentle cleaning, which involves removing any plaque buildup, flossing between the teeth, and polishing the teeth. All of these help you maintain a healthy, bright smile. Your routine checkups also include a dental examination, where our dentist will check for signs of damage or disease; if an issue is identified and diagnosed, our dentist can provide early treatment to help avoid further damage.
Some additional preventive services include:
- Dental Sealants: a tooth-colored or clear resin that is painted onto the biting surface of your tooth to cover deep grooves and protect your tooth against decay. Click here to read more.
- Dental X-Rays: taking images of the inside of your mouth provide a more detailed look at any hidden damage. Early detection means early treatment. Click here to read more.
- Fluoride Treatments: fluoride is a natural substance that can strengthen your tooth enamel and make it harder for tooth decay to occur. This treatment is great for children, as well as adults who may be more prone to developing cavities.
- Another great way to prevent oral issues from occurring is by maintaining a good dental hygiene routine at home. This involves brushing and flossing your teeth every day, and using fluoride toothpaste when you brush. It is also important to eat a tooth-friendly diet that limits the amount of sugar or acidic foods that you consume.
- For specifics about how you can maintain a healthy smile, we welcome you to call or visit our practice today. Our team is here to care for you!